Training for Therapists
CE Credits Available
Do you have a client that is a Daughter of a Narcissistic Mother?
- Know what she should do but can’t make herself?
- Have trouble setting healthy boundaries and sticking to them?
- Feel guilty when she says no and not value herself?
- Wonder if she will ever begood enough?
If she has, or had, a mother who is Narcissistic or high in Narcissistic traits, and she has taken on the role of Good Daughter, her essential self has been buried in ways that make life and relationships very hard.
Unless you understand the unconscious dynamics that threaten to undermine her progress in therapy, you will be confused as to why she can’t make significant changes or quits therapy prematurely.
You will learn...
- Why the narcissistically defended mother can’t accept criticism and manipulates her daughter.
- The cost of being the Good daughter- how the Good Daughter lives her life in service of mom’s needs & why she never feels good enough.
- What to say and what to do to prevent the Good Daughter from passing this dysfunction to her daughter.
- The #1 reason the Good Daughter stops therapy prematurely and how to prevent it.